Just a quick update for the week.
Last weekend, I was able to finally get this fellow finished. He is the first figure to come out of the newly reorganized basement workshop!
Now he awaits CAD modeling, epoxy treatment, and paint.
Recently, I mentioned that I had contributed one of my figures to the South County Art Association for the Great Art Heist. Well, just the other day I learned that my friend Jen Ferry was the lucky artist who was able to score this figure.
She sent me this quick shot from the evening of the event:
I am very glad to see that my character will have a great new home!
This morning, I was very happy to see that a recent interview with the Boston Voyager is now live. Special thanks to the good folks there who were kind enough to publish this!
It is inevitable that when one pursues a a creative endeavor that there will be some projects that remain unresolved, that don’t quite pan out, or simply represent a sort of “road not taken”.
In my case, I found that fifteen years ago (has it really been that long?) the world-building component of my figure creation had inspired me to begin work on a series of large vehicles.
Now, as I change gears and focus more on projects like my large masks, I find myself realizing that these projects never really found their feet. And that’s fine. They represent a branch of my decision tree that is now time to prune.
The nice thing is that many of the parts and pieces from these can be re-purposed for other projects, In the meantime, I have documented these vehicles for posterity before I disassemble them.
Just finished work this week on getting my most recent sculpted character realized in RHINO. Now he’s ready for my next epoxy resin treatment!
Alternating heat and thunderstorms make sculpting outdoors challenging this summer. Fortunately, I have plenty to keep myself busy with inside..
I just finished CAD modeling this figure in RHINO this weekend, so when I am next ready to apply epoxy Fiberglas to some of my larger sculpts, I should also be able to give his physical version a bit of resin and get him ready for painting.
In the midst of cleaning and clearing my work-spaces, I’ve set for myself the condition that I will not begin any new projects, but rather will work to finish the pieces that I have in various states of completion. This past week, this little fellow finally came together, and is now ready to be CAD modeled, epoxy coated, painted and surfaced.
One of the great annual fundraisers that I am always glad to contribute to is the Great Art Heist for the South County Art Association.
For this year, the piece that I’ve chose to donate is a figure named “Soja” who comes in a lovely decorative case that I crafted with the help of a laser cutting tool to create the logos and painted surface designs.
Say hello to Soja!
And here he is in his display case..
This past month, I have been rather busy with clearing and cleaning my work-spaces..both my garage and my basement. In the midst of this controlled chaos, I have managed to get a few things finished.