Now that this show has opened, I can share some recent work.
The piece is called “Finally Found It”, a large format vector inkjet print on display at the Elected Artist Members Show of the Art League Rhode Island, hosted by the Jamestown Arts Center.
The show runs from September 20 – October 20, 2018
Recently, I mentioned that I had contributed one of my figures to the South County Art Association for the Great Art Heist. Well, just the other day I learned that my friend Jen Ferry was the lucky artist who was able to score this figure.
She sent me this quick shot from the evening of the event:
I am very glad to see that my character will have a great new home!
It is inevitable that when one pursues a a creative endeavor that there will be some projects that remain unresolved, that don’t quite pan out, or simply represent a sort of “road not taken”.
In my case, I found that fifteen years ago (has it really been that long?) the world-building component of my figure creation had inspired me to begin work on a series of large vehicles.
Now, as I change gears and focus more on projects like my large masks, I find myself realizing that these projects never really found their feet. And that’s fine. They represent a branch of my decision tree that is now time to prune.
The nice thing is that many of the parts and pieces from these can be re-purposed for other projects, In the meantime, I have documented these vehicles for posterity before I disassemble them.
Alternating heat and thunderstorms make sculpting outdoors challenging this summer. Fortunately, I have plenty to keep myself busy with inside..
I just finished CAD modeling this figure in RHINO this weekend, so when I am next ready to apply epoxy Fiberglas to some of my larger sculpts, I should also be able to give his physical version a bit of resin and get him ready for painting.
In the midst of cleaning and clearing my work-spaces, I’ve set for myself the condition that I will not begin any new projects, but rather will work to finish the pieces that I have in various states of completion. This past week, this little fellow finally came together, and is now ready to be CAD modeled, epoxy coated, painted and surfaced.